Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ducks and Sharks are only awesome as animals, not hockey teams

Yeah okay Sharks are just large fish and Ducks are pretty lazy but if I was reincarnated as an animal I wouldn't mind the life of either.

That being said I have an extreme dislike of both hockey teams. Last night I was on sports overload watching the Lakers and Kings at the same time while doing a 4 page paper that I was completing at the last second so my blog got the short end of the stick. It was an exciting game, and I was glad to see the re-emergence of the CBS line as well as another great game by Kopitar.

I thought before these 2 games that these two games would dictate the actual probability of whether the Kings could make a legitimate playoff run or would become sellers at the trade deadline and obtain another top-10 pick. I don't know if I stand by that now, as the Sharks will be pretty tough to beat after the physicality of last night's game. The Kings will still be on the outside looking in regardless of the result tonight, but a strong performance from the Kings tonight would do a lot for their confidence, especially if the Kings were to meet up with the Sharks if they did, in fact, make the playoffs.

Game Preview to follow, I'll try to put my love of Sharks aside and be as harsh, hateful and homerish as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment