Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kings Game Preview 2/3/09

Still don't have my computer, my new mac should be in tommorow! Bye bye PC and windows vista, I bearly knew ya...

onto the game,

Time: 4:30 PST.
On the air: Radio: 1150
Where: Scotiabank Place.
Records: Kings 20-21-7 (7-10-1 road), Senators 17-24-7 (11-8-4 home).
Record vs. Senators (2007-08): 1-0-0.
Kings stat of the game: Kings have actually scored more goals (123) than the Seantors (115) this season.

After virtually every electronic product I own crapped out on me, the Kings decided to go ahead and blow a game in the late 3rd period against the Canadiens on Saturday. The Brown Calder Stoll line continued playing well (despite the referees best wishes) which is one postive to take out of that game. The "CBS" line has combined for 23 points in the last 5 games. If the Kings want any chance of making the playoffs, they can't afford to blow games in the 3rd period.

In Kings news, Denis Gauthier was suspended for 5 games, which is both good because he won't be playing, and because former and fellow Badger Davis Drewiske has been called up to the big club. The captain of the college hockey juggernaut that is so close to my heart played center and winger in his college days but has been transfered to the blue line in the pros. He's definitely a scrapper, and a very solid special teams player. I'm not sure how much time (if any) he'll get while Gauthier is out, but I'd really like to see him play. He was an extremely popular player in Madison and I think his effort what be a breath of fresh air for a team who just blew a game in the late 3rd period.

Prediction: Kings 4 Senators 1
2 goals by Brown, 1 by Frolov, 1 by Harrold

No comments:

Post a Comment