Monday, February 16, 2009

Kings Game Preview 2-16-09

Time: 7:30 PST.
On the air: TV: Fox Sports West; Radio: 1150.
Where: Staples Center.
Records: Kings 24-22-8, Thrashers 20-32-5.
Record vs. Thrashers: Last played in 2006-07
Kings stat of the game: The Kings are 22nd in the NHL in Goals Allowed at Home (80) while the Thrashers are 4th in Road Goals (91)

What is a Thrasher? I've actually never known and have never bothered to find out. Does that make me a bad NHL fan? I googled Thrasher and got this picture:

What is that?!

I mentioned shedding the "Forgotten Franchise" part of the blog's motto in the last post, and if I were to abandon it, I'd hope some Atlanta Thrasher blog out there would pick it up (before the team gets moved to Winnipeg or Kansas City or some other irrelevant city). Nevertheless, the Thrashers can score a lot of goals and the Kings can't, so before I start running my mouth I should finish the preview.

The Kings are having trouble at home. They were scoring at will on the road and have been unable to convert in the last two games against the Flames and Oilers. The Thrashers are one of the worst defensive teams in the league, so this would be a good time to turn around this 3-game homestand.

No comments:

Post a Comment