Thursday, January 15, 2009

Kings Game Preview 1/15/09

Detroit Red Wings (30-7-6)
14-4-4 Road

at

Los Angeles Kings (17-19-6)
12-10-6 Home

Key Stat for the Kings: Wings have allowed 36 Power Play Goals, to the Kings 32. Thats the only real advantage I see.

Quick in goal tonight, I agree with that decision. Going with the hot goalie against one of the better (if not best) teams in the league is never a bad idea. Too bad I couldn't make the game tonight, I would have brought my Dustin Brown commemorative puck and flung it at Tomas Holstrom's head like I'm Hiroki Kuroda facing Shane "the cryin' Hawaiian" Victorino. Nevertheless, its hard to expect much out of the boys tonight, especially after two ugly losses against a slumping team and an awful team respectively.

Prediction: Wings 4 Kings 2
Kings get 2 goals from Kopitar. Game tied 2-2 after 2 periods and they lose it in the third.

Review after the game. Then look for my midseason awards and a prospect profile (sounds fancy, doesn't it?).

No comments:

Post a Comment